Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Just Keep Swimming - Fall for it Challenge

Ok - I needed some motivation this morning, so I got on Splitcoast stampers and found a challenge to work on. I found Gina K stamps a few months ago and am in LOVE with the stamps! I decided to work on a card for the "Fall for it" challenge.

I'm still having a very rough time believing that it's fall. We moved from Alaska to the Virgin Islands and now it's a constant summer. We didn't get summer for almost 3 years and now it's a little bit of overload for me! It's WAY too hot here.

Ok - on with the card. I used Gina K's Just Keep Swimming set. These fish are just too cute! I wanted to give them a tropical look, but with more fall colors. We went snorkeling about a week ago and saw the most beautiful colorful fish ever - but they are definitely summery fish. I colored these two with my copic markers - then mounted them on a piece of Apricot Appeal SU cardstock. I cut out the fish and the cardstock with my new rectangle nesties. Then I cut out a piece of Elegant eggplant and garden green for the background. I thought my Tiny bubbles cuttlebug folder would be a perfect "bubble" background for the fish. Once they were mounted on the paper - I added black dots with my Copic multiliner.

I think they look a little like fall..... I don't see ANY fall colors around the house -so this was the best I could do!


Supplies used
Gina K Just Keep Swimming
SU Apricot Appeal, Elegent Eggplant, Garden Green
Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles
ATG gun
Copics

1 comment:

Jana M. said...

ok... so this is now my favorite card of yours! FABULOUS!!! Love the colors, the bubbles on the background and oh.. just everything!