Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wise Owl

Ok - so my birthday club on the Cricut messageboard totally outdid themselves this year! In addition to the Pooh and Friends Cartridge - they got me a scor pal AND the Wise Owl set and Wise Owl bellies from Papertrey ink

I LOVE this set! I'm so excited that Owls are becoming popular. I actually saw a live in the forest one on our trip and took about 100 pictures of the thing.

So - today, I inked up my new set and made a little card. I wasn't really sure what color to make my little owl - so I closed my eyes, reached into my bag of colors (copics) and picked out one - it was a lavender color - so the owl is 2 different shades of purple and it HAD to have blue eyes.

I layered SU cardstock behind it using my nestabilities (I'm telling you - these things are my favorite now) and mounted it on a Rose Red card. It needed something else, so it got a white 1" strip of paper scored down the center. Not sure if the colors really go together - but I think it looks ok. OH - I also really like to use the copic spica glitter pens, they add a perfect amount of glitter and don't look all clumped or icky. I used my lavendar one the wings.



OH -a GREAT thing happened today! The moving company called- they had a cancellation on Thursday - so I get the rest of my craft stuff in 2 days!!!!! I can't wait! It will probably take the weekend to unpack (I like to have things organized, it won't take long)

2 comments:

Jana M. said...

I love this!!! Your coloring is awesome.

I miss you, friend.

Anonymous said...

super-cute owl & design.