Friday, May 22, 2009

hip hop hangover

I "guess" we were supposed to post about our hero's today. I didn't know until after I scheduled the post and didn't have time to go back and make another card - SO I'll just tell you about my hero. My hero is my husband. He is in the US Coast Guard and guards our seas for our country. He works hard enough that I have the opportunity to stay home with my dd. He has also worked hard enough and studied enough that he is advancing in rank again soon! He is such a great dad and husband and knows what a job it is to stay home to raise our children - he helps me with anything and can built or fix ANYTHING I need!

This card was for the Hip hop challenge - "Oh my word" we were to make a card that focused on a sentiment. I used some silverfox smooch on the smaller dots around the sentiment. Supplies
Stamp: Be the Change (Unity)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo black
Paper: SU Kraft, BG Eva
Accessories: Sivlerfox smooch, BG buttons

16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

beautiful card!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very pretty card love all the buttons!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

super cute card!

BonnieRose said...

ur work is so great.. love all the colorful buttons!

Martha said...

its amazing, I love it!

HapEMomE said...

Gorgeous card! I am so thankful for courageous people like your husband.
~Chelsea

Lisa H. said...

for the love of buttons! cuteness, Lisa.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I love all of the buttons on your card, Lisa! I, too am very thankful for our military heroes like your husband! :)

ANAT S said...

love the bottuns card

Robynccgirl said...

Very pretty! Those buttons are adorable!

BloomingPink said...

Love the card. The colors made with the buttons really add some great pizazzz...


And I am in the same boat as you...didn't realize I needed to create a post for Heroes...and my project doesn't fit at ALL!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Jessy said...

Lisa- what a pretty card, and beautiful story about your DH. :)

Dawn K. said...

love the buttons. too cute!

Karen said...

great card...love that quote!!
have a great we!

whoistracy said...

Loving all the buttons on this! What a cute idea.

Randi said...

Sweet! This is such a cute idea with the buttons!