Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paper, monsters and trucks - OH MY!

I got the treat of playing with Monster Trucks - a new released rubber stamp by Victoria Case. I LOVE how detailed her stamps are - they are GREAT for coloring! I wanted to make a little project for one of my nephews and his Tonka trucks. I found this paper in my stash from American crafts - I chose the paper before I colored the monster and boy because I wanted them to match.
The tin is an electrosol tin that I saved after using all the tabs in the dishwasher - I love re-using things. It's a small tin, but will work perfect for 10 or so little trucks/cars.
I used Unity's Just my type alphabet for the TRUCKS on the top of the tin.
The tin was blue, red and yellow before. I painted the top with some acrylic paint because the tin didn't match at all with any paper that I had and it had words all over the top. I needed something and found the paint in my closet.
I definitely had to make a matching card to go with the tin. I used the same paper for the card and colored the stamped image almost identical.

Supplies
Stamp: Monster Trucks (Victoria Case)
Ink: Momento tuxedo black
Paper: American Crafts
Accessories: Copics, ATG gun, White acrylic paint, tonka trucks

7 comments:

Stef H said...

this is super. i wish they had things like this 37 years ago when my son was little. instead he had them all over the house - LOL.

hugs,

CarlaKH said...

this is so awesome! love it!

Jacilynn said...

Oh, this is too cute! I love everything about it. Great project

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

What a great idea - unfortunately my boys would need for you to decorate a huge dumpster to hold all of their cars! LOL I wonder if we could get enough DP to do that?

Jana M. said...

*giggle* I love this!

Brandy said...

I think that is one of my favorites projects that you have done! It is SOOOOOO adorable and what a great use for the empty tin!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is just the cutest thing!! I adore the colors and what a fun project any boy would love to store cars in!! ;)